AC - 5500
AC-5500 is formulated with a special blend of Portland cement and polymers. AC-5500 is suitable for filling, smoothing and levelling of suitable substrates before applying epoxy coating systems, parquet, ceramic tiles, textile and elastic floor coverings.
- Parking lots, garage, factory, logistics warehouse, container yard, wharf, hangar, etc.
- Self levelling
- High level of hardness and strength
- Easy application
- Provides flat and level floors.
1. Substrate quality / Pre-treatment
- The compressive strength of the concrete substrate should be at least 3,000 psi at 28 days with a minimum tensile strength of 15 kgf/cm².
- Substrate water content is less than 8%.
- Surface treatments or any friable areas of the subfloor must be mechanically removed.
- All substrate must be dry, stable, sound and free of all contaminants such as grease, oil, paint, wax, dust, curing and sealing compounds that will interfere with the penetration the primer.
- Apply on dry substrate using a suitable tool such as a roller, squeegee or brush. Avoid formation of puddles.
- Note: A second application is recommended on high porosity, unsound or very absorbent substrates.
- Pour 5~5.5 kg of clean, cool potable AC-5500B into a suitably sized and clean mixing container, ensuring strict control of the water content (do not over-water).
- Add 25kg AC-5500A to the AC-5500B, while slowly mixing, adding the complete contents of the bag.
- Mix with a high-speed drill (> 650 rpm) and an egg beater style mixing paddle to blend water and powder for approximately 2~3 minutes, until a lump-free and uniform mix has been produced.
- Note: Operating time: 10 ~ 15 minutes (temperature: + 15 ~ + 35 ° C)
- Pour the mix and spread evenly, and control the material thickness by scrape rake.
- Even surfaces by smoothing trowel.
- Roll immediately with a spiked roller to ensure even thickness and achieve defoaming effect.
- 1.8 ~ 2 kg/mm/m²
- Note：This figure is theoretical and does not include for any additional material required due to surface porosity, surface profile, variations in level and wastage etc.
6. Cleaning of tools
- Clean all tools and application equipment with water immediately after use.
- Hardened / cured material can only be removed mechanically.
Packaging / Storage
AC-5500 A：100 kg/4 paper bag
AC-5500 B：20 kg/ bucket
- 6 months in the original, unopened containers at temperatures between +5 °C ~ +35 °C. Stored in a well ventilated area away from direct sunlight and freezing.